Our annual tradition continues! The annual Regatta is a wonderful occasion to meet new neighbours and catch up with old friends.
This year’s Regatta date has yet to be confirmed. It was held last year on Saturday, July 14, 2018, at the McGregor Camping Site (19, chemin des Bourgeons, Val-des-Monts, in the ‘la Bourgade’ area, of McGregor Lake). Participants showed off their potato-in-a-spoon running skills, their tug-of-waring abilities (won by the ladies this year!), their water-balloon-throwing acumen, and their swimming and running abilities. Ribbons and medals were awarded to competitors. The refreshments (wine, beer, water, soft drinks, and BBQ hot dogs) were much appreciated by all. It was a beautiful day for our annual regatta! As you can see in the photos below, we all had a lot of fun!
A big thank you to all our volunteers who ensured the success of our annual celebration, including:
– Francesca Ryan and Timmy Kline – Game announcers (what spirit, energy, humour! – a big big thank you!!)
– Deena Ryan, Ted Ryan, Trevor Nightingale, Marie-Josée Claveau, and families (food, BBQ, beverages)
– Deborah Morrison – sale of Association merchandise, and sugary snacks for the kids
– Peter Barton, Liz Logue and Miranda Baniulis – equipment (BBQ, games, water balloons, etc.), ribbons, medals
– Jennifer Garland and Mary Carman – Association Membership
– MJ Lafleur – Photographer
And our lifeguard, Sophie.
Here are some memories from past regattas.