The McGregor Lake Association acts on behalf of the residents of McGregor Lake. Our mandate is: “To promote and encourage interest in the protection of McGregor Lake and its surrounding environment, including the relevant watershed, for the continued benefit of the members and their properties; to collaborate with organizations and government authorities and agencies that share a similar purpose in the betterment of said area; to promote better relations and understanding among the residents and property owners of said area and generally to further the common interests of the members.”
We are active on issues such as:
– Environmental concerns
– Water quality
– Blue green algae
– Septic tank regulations
– Reducing or eliminating shore damage
– Building and development on the Lake
– Promoting good boating practices
– Phosphates in the water
We lobby on your behalf by:
– Meeting with the Mayor of VDM to identify your lake related concerns
– Board member on the Federation of Lakes of VDM for a voice at the municipality
– Providing support for Pelissier Beach boat ramp permit system and monitoring
We organize events such as:
– Our Annual General Meeting (AGM)
– Loon watch
– Annual McGregor Lake Regatta
– Periodic Water testing
– Placement of some shoal markers on lake
We provide information on matters of interest to our members, such as:
– Boating Regulations
– Lake related news from the Municipality
– Septic regulations and hints
For the current list of Board Members of the McGregor Lake Association, click here.
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) Minutes can be found here, in the “Our Association” section.
You can click on these links to read the Association’s 2013 Bylaws (English only) and the Articles of Continuance (English only).
For other documents related to the Association, please consult the Main Menu below.